Link your Google AdWords account to Marketo to automatically upload offline conversion data from Marketo to Google AdWords. Then, from the AdWords UI, you will be able to easily see which clicks resulted in qualified leads, opportunities, and new customers (or whatever revenue stages you want to track) after you add custom columns in AdWords. This information does not appear in the Marketo UI.
Learn more about Google’s offline conversion import feature.
Admin Permissions Required
You can also integrate a Google AdWords as a Launchpoint service with a manager account.
1. Go to the Admin section.
2. Select LaunchPoint.
3. Select New and New Service.
4. Enter a display name and select Google AdWords.
5. Select Authorize Marketo.
Make sure to log out of your personal Gmail account and enable pop-ups.
6. Select your account associated with Google AdWords.
7. Select Accept.
8. Status will display as Success. Select Next.
9. Upload your offline conversions from Marketo to Google AdWords Weekly or Daily.
10. Attribute conversion to the First Click or Last Click.
|First Click||Offline conversions will be attributed to the first AdWords ad that a person clicked in the past 90 days|
|Last Click||Offline conversions will be attributed to the last AdWords ad that a person clicked|
Using a consistent attribution model in Marketo and AdWords provides the most accurate data.
11. Click Create.
Auto-tagging must be selected for this feature to work. Deactivation must be done inside AdWords.