Adding people to your Blacklist prevents them from receiving your correspondence.
Marketo is now standardizing language across all subscriptions, so you may see lead/leads in your subscription and person/people in docs.marketo.com. These terms mean the same thing; it does not affect article instructions. There are some other changes, too. Learn more.
1. Create a new default program and name it Add to Blacklist.
2. Click New and select New Local Asset.
3. Name your list and click Create.
4. Add all the people to your Smart List you want added to your Black List.
People on your Black List will not receive operational emails.
5. Click New and select New Smart Campaign.
6. Name the New Smart Campaign. Click Create.
7. Drag and drop Member of Smart List.
8. Select the smart list you just created.
9. Drag and drop Change Data Value.
10. For the Flow, enter Black Listed for the Attribute and set New Value to true.
11. On the Schedule tab, select Run Once.
12. Select Run now and click Run.
YAY! These people will no longer receive emails.
Create a trigger smart campaign using Change Data Value with Black Listed is true for all people in the future that have blacklistable attributes.