Read the following scenario and try to determine the numbers that should be in the grid.
- April 11 | Fred is acquired by (Tradeshow)
- April 15 | Margo attends (Webinar) - success
- April 22 | Fred is associated (role) to the opportunity
- April 22 | Opportunity is created for $3,000
|(FT) Opty Created|
|(FT) Pipeline Created|
|(FT) Opty Won|
|(FT) Revenue Won|
First is to understand that some types are COUNTS and others are CURRENCY. Opty Created is a count, an integer. Pipeline is a currency. In Marketo, the currency will conform to your admin locale settings.
The reason the Tradeshow received all credit is because Margo was not associated with a role in the opportunity. No role, no credit.
- Credit is split evenly
- You can't give more credit than you earned
- You can't give credit for something that happened in the past
Try all of the examples and you will be an attribution pro!