Want an alert every time possible duplicate person is created? Here is how to set up a Smart Campaign to do it.
Marketo is now standardizing language across all subscriptions, so you may see lead/leads in your subscription and person/people in docs.marketo.com. These terms mean the same thing; it does not affect article instructions. There are some other changes, too. Learn more.
1. Create a new smart campaign. Define the following smart list:
- Trigger: Person is Created
- Filter: Duplicate Fields. Field Name is Full Name.
Be creative. Experiment with different fields to get better filtering results.
2. In the flow step, choose Send Alert flow action.
Using the Send Alert Info token to include a link to the person in your CRM.
If you import a large list, you may get a bunch of these alerts all at once!
Also, two people with the same name doesn't automatically mean they are the same person.
3. Activate the campaign in the Schedule tab.
That's it! This smart campaign will trigger every time a new person with an existing full name is created in Marketo.