Mission: Nurture the people who attended your recent tradeshow
You can easily create an advanced and sophisticated nurture system in Marketo. Here's how!
Marketo is now standardizing language across all subscriptions, so you may see lead/leads in your subscription and person/people in docs.marketo.com. These terms mean the same thing; it does not affect article instructions. There are some other changes, too. Learn more.
Step 1: Create an Engagement Program
1. Go to the Marketing Activities area.
2. Select the Learning folder, click the New drop-down and select New Program.
3. Enter a Name and select Engagement for the Program Type.
4. Make sure the Channel field is Nurture and click Create.
You've now created an engagement program.
Step 2: Create an Email
1. Select your engagement program, then click New and select New Local Asset.
2. Click Email.
3. Enter a Name, select the Template you want to use, and click Create.
Don't see the email editor? Your browser probably blocked the window. Enable pop-ups from app.marketo.com in your browser and click Edit Draft in the top menu bar.
4. Enter a subject.
5. Select the area of the email you want to edit, click the gear icon and select Edit.
6. Edit your email and click Save.
7. Close the email editor tab/window.
8. Under Email Actions, click Approve.
Don't forget to approve your emails or you won't be able to activate them later.
9. Now create another email by repeating the Step 2 actions.
Step 3: Add Content to Your Stream
Now it's time to create a stream of content for your engagement program using the emails you created.
1. Select your engagement program, and click on the Streams tab.
2. Drag the two emails you created to the right canvas.
You can also use the Add Content button or the stream + icon.
Step 4: Activate Stream Content
1. Activate all content at once by clicking on the stream gear icon, then click Activate all content .
You can't activate content without approving it first.
Great work! One more step and the engagement program is ready.
Step 5: Set the Stream Cadence
1. Click Set Stream Cadence.
2. Edit the settings to match the schedule you want and click SAVE.
Your engagement program is all set. Now let's add a test person to your program.
The test person is the person who checks your engagement program to test that it's correct before sending to customers.
Step 6: Add a Test Person to Your Engagement Program
1. Go to the Database area.
2. Search for your test person.
Make sure the test person has a valid email address so you can confirm the receipt of emails when testing.
3. Right-click on the person, then click Programs and Add to Engagement Program.
4. Select your Program and Stream, then click Run Now.
You should receive email at the time and cadence you specified.
Learn more about Engagement Programs.