Mission: Send out a thank-you email when a person fills out a form
Marketo is now standardizing language across all subscriptions, so you may see lead/leads in your subscription and person/people in docs.marketo.com. These terms mean the same thing; it does not affect article instructions. There are some other changes, too. Learn more.
Step 1: Create an Email
1. Go to the Marketing Activities area.
2. Select My Program in the left menu, click the New drop-down, and select New Local Asset.
3. Click Email.
4. Name your email "Auto Response Email," choose a template and click Create.
An email editor will open in a new window or tab. If pop-ups are blocked, click Edit Draft on the asset summary page to access the email.
5. Enter a subject line, then double-click the editable area of the email.
A rich text editor will open on top of the email editor.
6. Highlight the existing email content.
7. Type your email content and click Save.
8. Your changes are auto-saved. Close the email editor tab/window.
9. Select your new email. Under Email Actions click Approve.
Step 2: Create a Smart Campaign
1. Right-click My Program and click New Smart Campaign.
2. Name your the smart campaign "Auto Response Campaign" and click Create.
3. Go to the Smart List tab.
We're setting up this campaign to run whenever a person fills out the form you created in Landing Page with a Form .
4. Find and drag the Fills Out Form trigger to the left canvas.
5. Select My Form in the drop-down. Click the Flow tab.
6. Drag the Send Email flow action to the left canvas.
7. Select your Auto Response Email and go to the Schedule tab.
8. Click Edit.
9. Select every time and click Save .
10. Click Activate.
11. Click Activate on the confirmation screen.
Once active, this campaign will run every time a person fills out the specified form. The campaign will keep running until it's deactivated.
Step 3: Fill Out the Form
1. Select My Page. This was created in the Landing Page with a Form quick win.
2. Click View Approved Page.
Your "Free Trial" landing page will open in a new tab.
3. Fill out the form with your first name, last name, and email address, then click Submit.
Make sure you use your actual email address so you can get the email.
Within just a few minutes you should see the auto response email in your inbox. Great job!