If you need list or smart list results outside of Marketo, you can easily export to Excel. Here's how.
Marketo is now standardizing language across all subscriptions, so you may see lead/leads in your subscription and person/people in docs.marketo.com. These terms mean the same thing; it does not affect article instructions. There are some other changes, too. Learn more.
1. Go to Marketing Activities.
2. Select the list or smart list you want to export and go to the People tab.
3. Towards the bottom of the page, click the Excel icon.
4. Select Visible Columns and click Export.
If you choose All Columns, the export will be larger in size and take longer to generate/download.
If your person records contain foreign characters that aren't rendering properly upon export, try changing the file type in the Format drop-down.
5. The export will run. Once finished you can click Download now to grab the file.
If the export is taking a while, you can always log out and come back to it later. The Download now link can be accessed by selecting Show Export Status in the List Actions menu, and is valid for one week.
After you export a smart list to Excel, Marketo will automatically cache the list. You'll notice a little paper clip and sticky note on the smart list icon the next time you log-in or refresh your browser.
You can undo the caching of the list simply by pressing the list's refresh button.