There are a few things to do before you begin the missions.
Marketo is now standardizing language across all subscriptions, so you may see lead/leads in your subscription and person/people in docs.marketo.com. These terms mean the same thing; it does not affect article instructions. There are some other changes, too. Learn more.
Step 1: Log In to Marketo
1. Log in to Marketo using the credentials you received by email.
Step 2: Create a Learning Folder
Let's create a folder to hold everything you'll make in the missions.
2. Go to the Marketing Activities area.
3. Click the New drop-down and select New Campaign Folder.
4. Name the folder "Learning" and click Create.
5. You'll see the new Learning folder appear in the left menu.
Step 3: Add Yourself as a Person
Add yourself as a person in Marketo so you can send out test emails to yourself later.
6. Go to the Database area.
7. Click the New drop-down and select New Person.
8. Type your first and last name, email address and company name, then click Create to add yourself as a person.
9. To view your people, open your System Smart Lists in the left menu, then click All People.
10. Click the People tab. You should see yourself in the database.
Set Up Complete
You're ready to begin your first mission!
Mission 1: Send an Email Blast ►