Marketo Sales Insight is a fantastic tool for your sales team. Here is the step-by-step instruction of how to install and configure it in Microsoft Dynamics 2011 On-Premises.
Download Marketo Sales Insight Solution
The first step is to download the correct solution for your Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
1. Sign in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Click Settings in the bottom left menu.
2. Select Solutions in the tree.
3. Click Import ( ).
You should already have installed and configured the Marketo solution before moving forward.
4. Click Browse. Select the Marketo Sales Insight solution you downloaded. Click Next.
5. Verify the details of the solution, and click Next.
6. Make sure the SDK message option is checked. Click Next.
7. Now wait for the import to finish.
8. Click Close.
9. Marketo Sales Insight will now show up in the solution list. Yay!
10. Select Marketo Sales Insight and click on Publish All Customizations ( ).
Connect Marketo and Sales Insight
Admin Permissions Required
1. Log in to Marketo and click Admin.
2. Under the Sales Insight section click Edit API Configuration.
3. Copy the Marketo Host, API URL, and API User Id for use in a later step. Enter an API Secret Key of your choice and click SAVE.
Don't use an ampersand (&) in your API Secret Key.
The following fields must be synced with Marketo for both Lead and Contact for Sales Insight to work:
If any of these fields are missing, you will see an error message in Marketo with the name of the missing fields. To fix this, perform this procedure.
5. Select Marketo API Config in the tree.
6. Click Default Configuration.
7. Enter the information you took from Marketo earlier.
8. Click Save.
Set User Access
Set up user roles to give specific users access to Sales Insight.
1. Select Settings.
2. Select Administration in the tree.
3. Click Users.
4. Select the user(s) you want to grant access to and click Manage Roles.
5. Select the Marketo Sales Insight role and click OK.
And that's it! All the users have access will now be able to see the sales insight section in the lead/contact detail view.
Congrats. You have now unleashed the power of Marketo Sales Insight.