Marketo Sales Insight is a fantastic tool for giving your sales team a "window" into the wealth of data the Marketing team has. Here is how to install and configure it in Microsoft Dynamics 2015.
OK, now it's time to import the Marketo Sales Insight solution into Microsoft Dynamics. Here's how:
1. Under Microsoft Dynamics CRM click Settings.
2. Under SETTINGS, click Customizations.
3. Click Solutions.
You should already have installed and configured the Marketo solution before moving forward.
4. Click Import.
5. In the new window, click Browse.
6. Find and select the solution you downloaded above.
7. Click Next.
8. The solution will upload. You can view the package contents if you like. Click Next.
9. Make sure to leave the box checked and click Import.
10. Feel free to download the log file, then click Close.
11. Awesome! You should see the solution now. If it's not there, refresh your screen.
Connect Marketo and Sales Insight
Let's tie your Marketo instance to Sales Insight in Dynamics. Here's how:
Admin rights required.
1. Log into Marketo and go to the Admin section.
2. Under the Sales Insight section, click Edit API Configuration.
3. Copy the Marketo Host, API URL, and API User Id for use in a later step. Enter an API Secret Key of your choice and click Save.
Don't use an ampersand (&) in your API Secret Key.
The following fields must be synced with Marketo for both Lead and Contact for Sales Insight to work:
If any of these fields are missing, you will see an error message in Marketo with the name of the missing fields. To fix this, perform this procedure.
4. Back in Microsoft Dynamics, go to Settings.
5. Under Settings, click Marketo API Config.
6. Click New.
7. Enter the information that you took from Marketo earlier and click Save.
Set User Access
Finally, you have to give specific users access to use Marketo Sales Insight.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Go to Security.
3. Click Users.
4. Select the users you want to give access to Sales Insight to and click Manage Roles.
5. Select the Marketo Sales Insight role and click OK.
And you should be all done! Finally, to test, log into Dynamics as a user who has access to Marketo Sales Insight and look at a lead or contact.
You have now unlocked the power of Marketo Sales Insight for your sales team.