Marketo Sales Insight is a fantastic tool for giving your sales team a "window" into the wealth of data the Marketing team has. Here's how to install and configure it.
Download Marketo Sales Insight Solution
The first step is to download the correct solution for your Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
1. Log in to Microsoft Office 365.
2. Click the menu and select CRM.
3. Click the menu. In the drop-down, select Settings, then select Solutions.
You should already have installed and configured the Marketo solution before moving forward.
4. Click Import.
5. In the new window, click Browse. Choose the Marketo Sales Insight solution you downloaded in step 1. Click Next.
6. The solution will upload. You can view the package contents if you like. Click Next.
7. Make sure to leave the box checked and click Import.
8. Feel free to download the log file. Click Close.
9. Awesome! You should see the solution now. If it's not there, refresh your screen.
10. Click Publish All Customizations.
Connect Marketo and Sales Insight
Let's tie your Marketo instance to Sales Insight in Dynamics. Here is how:
Admin Permissions Required
1. Log into Marketo and go to the Admin section.
2. Under the Sales Insight section, click Edit API Configuration.
3. Copy the Marketo Host, API URL and API User Id for use in a later step. Enter an API Secret Key of your choice and click SAVE.
Don't use an ampersand (&) in your API Secret Key.
The following fields must be synced with Marketo for both Lead and Contact for Sales Insight to work:
If any of these fields are missing, you will see an error message in Marketo with the name of the missing fields. To fix this, perform this procedure.
4. Back in Microsoft Dynamics, click the icon next to Settings, then select Marketo API Config in the dropdown.
5. Click Default Configuration.
6. Enter the information that you copied from Marketo earlier.
7. Click the icon in the bottom right corner to save the changes.
Set User Access
You need to give users permissions to use Sales Insight.
1. Click the menu. In the dropdown menu select Settings, then select Security.
2. Click Users.
3. Select the user(s) you want to give access to Sales Insight to and click Manage Roles.
4. Select the Marketo Sales Insight role and click OK.
And you should be all done! Finally, to test, log into Dynamics as a user who has access to Marketo Sales Insight and look at a lead or contact.
You have now unlocked the power of Marketo Sales Insight for your sales team.