If users can access the admin settings on their laptops, you can send a registration code to them directly.
If you haven't received an invite email, ask your Marketo administrator to invite you.
You must be issued a Marketo Email Add-in License.
As of 10/1/20, the latest version of the Outlook plug-in no longer supports offline mode. This will take effect after installing/upgrading on or after 10/1.
1. Identify your Microsoft Outlook version.
2. Click the link to download the installer appropriate for your version of Microsoft Outlook.
The links below are currently only working in Chrome. Sorry for any inconvenience.
|Outlook Version||32-bit Outlook||64-bit Outlook|
|Outlook 2000||Not Supported||N/A|
|Outlook O365 (Windows only)||Download||Download|
|Outlook for Mac||Not Supported||Not Supported|
|Outlook Web App||Not Supported||Not Supported|
Copy Your Registration Code
1. Copy the registration code from the invite email you received.
2. Close Microsoft Outlook.
1. Run the installer.
If you get a security warning, don't worry! Just click Run.
2. Click Next.
3. Fill in First Name, Last Name, Email Address, then copy and paste the Registration code from the email into the form and click Next.
If the install fails, check with your IT department to ensure that HTTPS traffic is not blocked. The installer requires HTTPS traffic to be open.
4. Click Next to install in the default location.
5. Click Next.
If you get a security prompt about an unknown publisher, click Yes.
6. The installation is now complete, click Close.
7. Now open Microsoft Outlook and see the Marketo buttons.
Excellent! Now the Marketo buttons are in a better place.
Learn more about using the Marketo Message and Log With Marketo actions.