The Follow Up Page is where the visitor is re-directed after filling out the form. External URL is one option but there are more. See Set a Form Thank You Page.
Mission: Create a landing page with a form to acquire new people.
Marketo is now standardizing language across all subscriptions, so you may see lead/leads in your subscription and person/people in docs.marketo.com. These terms mean the same thing; it does not affect article instructions. There are some other changes, too. Learn more.
STEP 1: Create a Program
1. Go to the Marketing Activities area.
2. Select the Learning folder created in the previous quick win.
3. Under New, click New Program.
4. Enter a program Name, select a Channel and click Create.
Include your initials at the end of the program Name to make it unique.
A program is one specific marketing initiative. The channel is intended to be the delivery mechanism, like Webinar, Sponsorship, or Online Ad. You may see different channel options in your drop-down, depending on what's available in your own instance. You can also create your own channel.
STEP 2: Create a Form
1. With your program selected, click on New then New Local Asset.
2. Select Form.
3. Enter a form Name and click Create.
Be sure the Open in editor box is checked. If it's not, you'll need to click the Edit Form tab.
Don't see the form editor? Your browser probably blocked the window. Enable pop-ups from app.marketo.com in your browser and click Edit Draft in the top menu bar.
4. Select the Email Address field and check Is Required.
5. Click Next.
6. Click the arrows to scroll through the themes. Select one.
7. Click Next.
8. Under the Thank You Page section, select External URL for Follow Up With.
9. Enter the URL.
10. Click Finish.
11. Click Approve and Close.
Super! Now you have a program with a form in it. Let's move on and create a page.
STEP 3: Create a Landing Page and Add Your Form
1. With your program selected, click New and then New Local Asset.
2. Select Landing Page.
3. Enter a page Name, select a template and click Create.
You may have a different template than the one in our screenshot, it's ok, just pick one and keep going.
4. Once the landing page editor opens, drag the Form element into the canvas.
5. Find and select your form and click Insert.
6. Drag the form around to the desired location.
7. All your changes are auto saved. Close the form editor tab/window.
Great job! You now have a landing page with a form on it. Let's approve your page to make it live.
STEP 4: Approve Your Landing Page
1. Select your landing page, under Landing Page Actions click Approve.
Approving the landing page will make it live and available to access on the internet.
Perfect! See the green checkmark on it?
STEP 5: Test Your Form
1. Select your landing page and click View Approved Page.
2. Fill out the form with information you know is unique and click Submit.
3. Go to the Database area.
4. Search for the unique email address you used when filling out the form.
There it is! You created a new landing page with a form on it and used it to generate a new person.