This article shows you different ways to preview a web campaign, and also how to test it using a sandbox segment live on your website.
Preview a Web Campaign on the Creation Page
1. Go to Web Campaigns.
2. Click Create New Web Campaign or the icon to edit an existing campaign.
3. In Preview on site, add the page URL and click Preview. A new window/tab opens showing the campaign preview.
Click Share to open an email with a fixed URL of the campaign preview.
Preview a Web Campaign on the Creation Page Using the Browser Plug-In
1. Follow steps 1 & 2 from the .
2. Click the link to the browser plug-in (in this case we're using Chrome).
3. A new window/tab opens. Click Add to Chrome.
4. Click Add Extension.
5. Go back to Marketo. Add the page URL and click Preview.
6. A new window/tab opens which allows you to preview how your campaign looks on a desktop, phone, or tablet.
Preview a Web Campaign on the Web Campaigns Page
1. While looking at the listing of your web campaigns, simply choose a campaign and click the Preview icon.
Preview a Web Campaign on your Website
Create a sandbox segment and campaign.
1. Go to Segments.
2. Click Create New.
3. Name the segment.
4. Under Behavioral, drag Include Pages onto the canvas. Add the value *sandbox=1*. Click Save & Define Campaign.
5. On the Set Web Campaign page, change the Target Segment to the sandbox segment by selecting it from the list.
6. Complete the campaign creative and Click Launch.
7. Go to your website, add the URL parameter "?sandbox=1" at the end of the URL. Example: www.marketo.com?sandbox=1
8. See the campaign react on your website.
Campaigns react only once during a visitor session. To see the campaign again, clear your browser cookies.
Redirect campaigns cannot be previewed. The only way to test them is by using a sandbox segment (that targets by specific pages - *sandbox=redirect* )