Marketo Programs can be synced with Salesforce Campaigns. Here is an overview of how this works.
Why should I sync Marketo programs with Salesforce campaigns?
- Use the powerful features of a Marketo Program.
- Keep members and their status in sync between a Marketo program and a Salesforce Campaign.
- Tap into the reporting features in Marketo and Salesforce.
How is a Marketo Program and a Salesforce campaign synced?
In Marketo, you have the option to create a one-to-one mapping between a program and a Salesforce campaign.
Marketo program members and their progression statuses are kept in sync with the Salesforce campaign members and campaign member statues. This is a bidirectional sync, so any changes made in either Marketo or Salesforce are reflected in both systems.
If there are members in the Marketo program that don't exist in Salesforce, Marketo creates those people as leads in Salesforce.
What are the triggers/filters related to campaigns?
- Added to SFDC Campaign
- Removed from SFDC Campaign
- Status is Changed in SFDC Campaign
- Member of SFDC Campaign
Can I add Marketo People to my SFDC campaign?
Yes, use the Add to SFDC campaign flow action. If this person doesn't exist in Salesforce, Marketo will create it in Salesforce and then add him/her to the campaign.
Can I remove members from my SFDC campaign using Marketo?
Yes, use the Remove from SFDC Campaign flow action.
Can I change campaign member status using Marketo?
Yes, use the Change Status in SFDC Campaign flow action.
Why can't I see any of my Salesforce campaigns?
Here are things you can check:
- Make sure the campaign sync is enabled.
- Confirm that your Marketo Sync User is a Marketing User in Salesforce.
If your Salesforce campaign and the mapped Marketo program have incompatible program statuses, you may receive an error message. We recommend that you match the program statuses prior to the sync.
- Sync an SFDC Campaign with a Program
- Understanding Program Membership
- Enable/Disable Campaign Sync
- Make Marketo Sync User a Marketing User