Hidden fields are usually populated dynamically. They are not shown to the person filling out the form. Here's how to set the value.
Select the Field
1. In your form, select the hidden field and click Edit for Autofill.
Use Default Value
By selecting Use Default Value you can hard-code a specific value to always be used when this form is submitted. Enter the Default Value and click Save.
If you want to capture URL Parameters (Query Strings) from the page the person is on when filling out the form, you can use URL Parameters to populate your hidden field.
Parameters are kinda techie, aren't they? Once you get them though, they are powerful. This Wikipedia page on Query Strings is somewhat helpful.
1. Select URL Parameter for Get Value Type.
2. Enter the Parameter Name and click Save.
You can enter a Default Value in case the URL parameter is not found.
If you're storing data in cookies, you can use Cookie Value to pick up data when the form is submitted.
1. Select Cookie Value for Get Value From.
2. Enter the cookie Parameter Name you want and click Save.
You can enter a Default Value in case the parameter/cookie is not found.
If you want to capture data from the page the visitor came from before filling out the form, you can use Referrer Parameter.
1. Set Get Value From to Referrer Parameter.
2. Enter the Parameter Name which you want to snatch from the referrer URL and click Save.
You can enter a Default Value in case the referrer parameter is not found.
3. Click Finish.
4. Click Approve and Close.
Sweet! You're doing pretty well. There's more to learn about forms.