The template you choose determines what landing page editing mode you'll be working in. There are two possible paths: free-form and guided. Here’s a quick summary of the important differences.
- Drag and drop whatever content you want, wherever you want to place it.
- The template is like a SlideMaster in PowerPoint, just a background.
- Create a simple mobile version of your page with a click of a button.
- Best used when you don't have a lot of time or technical resources at your disposal.
- Predefined layout/structure driven by the template.
- Only regions or variables defined as editable in the template can be customized in the editor.
- Code changes required to modify layout and add additional assets.
- Look and feel across device determined by rules built into the template.
- Best used if you've coded or purchased responsive templates or wish to modify a pre-built Marketo template.