You can easily A/B test your emails. One great test is the Whole Email test. Here's how to set it up.
1. Under the Email tile, with your email selected, click Add A/B Test.
2. A new window opens. Click the Test Type drop-down and select Whole Emails.
3. If you have previous test information (like a subject test), you can safely click Reset Test.
4. Select your first email.
5. Click Add to apply the email.
You can add multiple emails. If you add too many, however, it can slow the testing process way down.
6. Select your second email.
7. Click Add to apply the second email. Drag the slider to choose what percentage of the audience you want to receive your A/B test and click Next.
The different variations will send to equal portions of the chosen Test Sample Size.
We recommend you avoid setting the sample size to 100%. If you're using a static list, setting the sample size to 100% sends the email to everyone in the audience and the winner goes to no one. If you're using a smart list, setting the sample size to 100% sends the email to everyone in the audience at that time. When the email program runs again at a later date, any new people who qualify for the smart list will also receive the email since they're now included in the audience.
Okay, we're almost there. Now we need to define the A/B test winner criteria.