Marketo is now standardizing language across all subscriptions, so you may see lead/leads in your subscription and person/people in docs.marketo.com. These terms mean the same thing; it does not affect article instructions. There are some other changes, too. Learn more.
Alright! We installed the solution and configured the sync user. Next, we need to connect Marketo and Dynamics.
- Step 1 of 3: Install the Marketo Solution in Dynamics (2013 On-Premises)
- Step 2 of 3: Configure Sync User for Marketo (2013 On-Premises)
Admin Permissions Required
Enter Dynamics Sync User Information
1. Log into Marketo and click Admin.
2. Click on CRM.
3. Select Microsoft.
4. Click EDIT in Step 1: Enter Credentials.
Please make sure your credentials are correct as we are unable to revert the subsequent schema changes after submission. If incorrect credentials are saved, you’ll have to obtain a new Marketo subscription.
5. Enter the Username, Password and Microsoft Dynamics URL then click SAVE.
The Username in Marketo must match the User Name for the sync user in CRM. The format can be [email protected] or DOMAIN\user.
Don't know the URL? We'll show you how to find the Dynamics Organization Service URL here.
Select Fields to Sync
Now we need to select the fields we want to sync over.
1. Click EDIT in Step 2: Select Fields to Sync.
2. Select the fields that you want to sync to Marketo, so they will be pre-selected. Click Save.
Sync Fields for a Custom Filter
If you've created a custom filter, be sure to go in and select the new fields to be synced with Marketo.
1. Go to Admin and select Microsoft Dynamics.
2. Click Edit on Field Sync Details.
3. Scroll down to the field and check it. The actual name must be new_synctomkto but the Display Name can be anything. Click Save.
1. Click EDIT in Step 3: Enable Sync.
Marketo will not automatically de-dupe against a Microsoft Dynamics sync, or when you manually enter people or leads.
2. Read everything in the pop-up, enter your email, and click START SYNC.
3. The first sync may take a few hours. After it's done, you'll receive an email notification.
Excellent work! You have just unleashed the power of the bi-directional sync between Marketo and Microsoft Dynamics. If you have purchased Marketo Sales Insight, there is more fun to be had: