Great job completing the previous steps. Let's keep moving through this.
Assign Sync User Role
Assign the Marketo Sync User role only to the Marketo sync user. You don't need to assign it to any other users.
This applies to Marketo version 18.104.22.168 and later. For earlier versions, all users must have the sync user role. To upgrade your Marketo, see Upgrade the Marketo Solution for Microsoft Dynamics.
1. Under Settings, click Security.
2. Click Users.
3. You will see a list of users here. Select the dedicated Marketo Sync user or contact your Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) administrator to create a dedicated user for Marketo.
4. Select the sync user. Click Manage Roles.
5. Check Marketo Sync User and click OK.
If you don't see the role, go back to step 1 of 3 and import the solution.
Any updates made in your CRM by the Sync User will not be synced back to Marketo.
Configure Marketo Solution
Almost done! We just have a few last pieces of configuration before moving onto the next article.
1. Under Settings, click Marketo Config.
2. Click Default.
3. Click the Marketo User field and select the sync user.
4. Click the save icon in the bottom right corner.
5. Click Publish All Customizations.
Before Proceeding to Step 3
- If you want to restrict the number of records you sync, set up a custom sync filter now.
- Run the Validate Microsoft Dynamics Sync process. It verifies that your initial setups were done correctly.
- Log into the Marketo Sync User in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.