- Step 1 of 3: Install the Marketo Solution - 2015 On-Premises / 2016 Dynamics 365 On-Premises
- Step 2 of 3: Set Up Marketo Sync User in Dynamics 2015 On-Premises / 2016 Dynamics 365 On-Premises
Admin Permissions Required
Enter Dynamics Sync User information
1. Log into Marketo and click Admin.
2. Click CRM.
3. Select Microsoft.
4. Click Edit in Step 1: Enter Credentials.
Please make sure your credentials are correct as we are unable to revert the subsequent schema changes after submission. If incorrect credentials are saved, you’ll have to obtain a new Marketo subscription.
5. Enter the Username, Password a Microsoft Dynamics URL, and an optional Client Id. Click Save when done.
The Username in Marketo must match the User Name for the sync user in CRM. The format can be [email protected] or DOMAIN\user.
Don't know the URL? We will show you how to find your Dynamics Organization Service URL here.
Select Fields to Sync
1. Click Edit in Step 2: Select Fields to Sync.
2. Select the fields that you want to sync to Marketo, so they will be pre-selected. Click Save.
Sync Fields for a Custom Filter
If you've created a custom filter, be sure to go in and select the new fields to be synced with Marketo.
1. Go to Admin and select Microsoft Dynamics.
2. Click Edit on Field Sync Details.
3. Scroll down to the field and check it. The actual name must be new_synctomkto but the Display Name can be anything. Click Save.
1. Click Edit in Step 3: Enable Sync.
Marketo will not automatically de-dupe against a Microsoft Dynamics sync, or when you manually enter people.
2. Read everything in the pop-up, enter your email, and click Start Sync.
3. The first sync may take a few hours. After it's done, you'll receive an email notification.